Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not dead yet.

I'm still here in Rome; I have not disappeared.  I've been very busy.  Projects are ramping up, and I'm still dealing with all the work we usually do.  Our first midterm was Wednesday, and the midterm for the other class is next Tuesday.

It's funny -- these are all my usual excuses that come along with this time of the quarter, but I am here, and there are churches and bus lines and tree-lined Trastevere streets and class dinners and gelaterias and the theatre.  Oh, the theatre.  We went to see a show, an acrobatic/modern dance interpretation of Dante's Inferno, and it was magnificent.

And there is laundry and cleaning the bathroom and changing the sheets and grocery shopping and all of that, too.  My treat, too, is watching Lost on the internet each week.

I have quite a few pictures to share.  I'm not sure why my heart hasn't been here, pouring it all out on this page.  It's all in there, and will be there forever.  There will always be so much to tell all of you.  Mainly, Rome has changed me for the better.  I am also aware that I will come back here, and that there will always be something I haven't seen, waiting for me to see it.

More soon, I hope.  I have quite a lot of work on my personal project to take care of this weekend, but perhaps I'll find some down-time to work on a post in the next few days.  I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that my silence is a good silence, it means good things, and not that I am not loving every minute of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment